Monday, January 28, 2008

SAG Award Dedicated

Accepting the SAG (Screen Actors' Guild) award for best actor in Let There Be

Blood, Daniel Day-Lewis, Johnny in My Beautiful Laundrette, star of Room With a View, My Left Foot, Last of the Mohicans, The Age of Innocence, The Crucible, and Gangs of New York, paid tribute to Heath Ledger and mentioned the final scene in Brokeback Mountain.



Here's the story:

Daniel Day-Lewis Dedicates Award to Heath Ledger

Originally posted 01/27/2008 10:45PM


While accepting his award as outstanding male actor in a leading role – for There Will Be Blood – Daniel Day-Lewis gave a moving tribute to Heath Ledger, who was also honored in the annual "In Memoriam" montage.

Recalling several of Ledger's most iconic roles, Day-Lewis called the late actor an inspiration and "unique," before dedicating the trophy to Ledger.

"Of course, in Brokeback Mountain he was unique," Day-Lewis said. "He was perfect. And that scene in the trailer at the end of the film is as moving as anything I have ever seen."

Asked backstage why he'd decided to dedicate the award to Ledger, he said, "I suppose that's all I've been thinking about for the last few days. I never met him. I thought he was beautiful. I just have a very strong feeling that I would have liked him very much as a man. ...I admired him very much."
Brian Orloff and Marla Lehner



No comments:

Post a Comment