We shall travel to Savannah for the Winter Solstice; then, fly to Santa Fe for the Christmas Holiday and New Years Day.
Travelers by Hiroshige
In Santa Fe, we shall stay at the Inn of the Tourquoise Bear, former home of Witter Bynner and first house D.H. Lawrence stayed in in the U.S. We stayed there several years ago and look forward to revisiting.
The Inn of the Turquoise Bear bed and breakfast welcomes you!
Come experience true Southwestern hospitality
The Inn of the Turquoise Bear is an historic and romantic bed and breakfast located within walking distance to Santa Fe's Plaza as well as many of the cultural and entertainment attractions offered by this venerable city. Come experience our beautiful gardens, our charming amenities, and our outstanding service. You'll want to make your stay at the Inn of the Turquoise Bear bed and breakfast a tradition.
- Six blocks to the Plaza
- Walking distance to Santa Fe's museums, galleries, shops, outstanding restaurants & cultural events
- Close to Santa Fe Opera, skiing, hiking, horseback riding, rafting, & Pueblo communities
- An acre of terraced gardens, old stone benches, meandering flagstone paths & soaring ponderosa pines, enclosed by adobe walls & coyote fences
- Eleven guest rooms/suites with southwest style
- Private entrances & romantic courtyards
- Kiva fireplaces with complimentary firewood (Oct 15 - May 15) & viga ceilings
- Expanded continental breakfast
- Sunset refreshments
- Phones, televisions & VCRs in each room
- Superior amenities - robes, flowers, fruit
- Extensive video & book libraries
- Inviting public rooms for quiet conversation, reading, relaxing, & listening to soft music
- Complimentary off-street parking
- In room wireless internet access
- Concierge services
- Pet Friendly - select rooms
- Complimentary local phone calls
Member of the New Mexico Bed and Breakfast Association, Inspected & Approved
Featured in New Mexico Magazine 1998, Santa Fe Magazine 1999
Named one of 20 "Best Bed and Breakfasts in the West", Sunset 2000
Heritage Preservation Award, City of Santa Fe, New Mexico 1999
Critics' Choice Award, 2000, "Best B&B in Santa Fe"