Today I fell a half ghost on a tennis court
After more than a decade I chased a ball
Could not catch it as I crashed into the concrete
As for a second I was nothing but you
Then came pain as I gazed up into the worried
Eyes of my beloved friend reaching out no bones
Broken for all the bruised muscle and tendon
So I laughed and came to my feet my sinew
Holding me together for a while longer
Strange how survival makes more a ghost of
Me strange how the pain of my injured arm
Makes me feel less real makes the sensory
World more a dream in which you can appear
The living world I inhabit dissolves transforming
My very home our very home into a vision of us
In which I always think you are there upstairs
Reading about the death of your Dolly Parton
As I listen to the harmonies of Dead Can Dance
Jack
8/28/26
No comments:
Post a Comment